Things I have been doing the past few weeks…
- Joining the FitBit club. I’ve been slaying my steps almost everyday and loving it. There’s something freeing in treating myself to 10 minutes to run stairs at my office, or going on a long, ambling walk after work. I secretly love the buzz that goes off when I hit my 10k steps.
- Listening to audio books like it’s my job. Currently I’m listening to Amy Poehler read her book “Yes, Please,” and I have to say it’s quite hilarious. I’m glad I’m listening to it vs. reading it since I know some people did not like it as a book, but audio wise it’s awesome and addicting. I could listen to Amy read the Yellow Pages and it would likely be entertaining.
- Stressing out about work. I know, a waste of time but such as it is. I take my work responsibilities seriously- the joys of working for a small, family business- but lately it’s been one problem after another and it’s just not fun. (Duh.)
- Reading, reading and more reading. I’m not reading anything particular intellectual, smart or deep but I am reading things that I like, that take me away from the real world and that’s good enough for me.
- Thinking that I want to write more; on my blog, in my journal. Maybe it’s all these memoirs I’ve been reading lately but I feel like writing and sharing more. I’m not a celebrity, I’m not exciting but I realize that writing runs in my genes and through my blood…. my mom was always scribbling and journaling and writing and I haven’t done a lick of it since the day she passed away. Maybe I’m getting closer to being ready and able to try it again.
- Prepping for another summer of
Stepmonstering– I mean, Bonus Momming. (After reading Stepmonster there will be some changes around here, though. Namely how I think/act/react. I’m kind of excited about it. The girls may not be.)
- Going to STL Cardinal games. I think I’m bad luck though… we rarely win on the days I go.
- Killing it with my workouts. I’m down nearly 13 pounds and 35 inches in the last nine months. I am amazed at how far I’ve come, my strength, my new muscle tone, when I can fit in smaller pants or clothes from last summer are too big.
Things I’m not doing….
- Cleaning my house as much as I should
- Coloring. I haven’t colored in at least a month; I need to bring that back into my evening/weekend routines.
- Writing on my blog enough. Oops.
- Posting to Instagram nearly as much as usual. My life is boring. You don’t want to see another picture of my dog, or me reading or the windows open in my house since we are having lovely spring weather. Or maybe you do. I don’t know.
- Being inventive with my cooking. I’m bored with my macro-friendly meals and really just bored with cooking in general. Thank goodness grilling season is here and that Knight loves to grill.
- Pretending like I care about basketball or hockey playoffs. I don’t. At all.
- Reading books I own. I’m constantly checking books out via OverDrive or at the library.
- Freaking out about this summer of parenting. It’s our fourth (fifth?) of this arrangement and I feel confident in our plans, goals, and how we run our parenting game (for the most part). However, I should add to the “things I am doing” list: dreading the pre-teen years that are just around the corner. I got a taste of it last year “I’m a pre, pre-teen, Nora,” (accompanied with an eye roll and exaggerated hand gestures) and in that moment I wanted to call Heaven and apologize to my mom and I certainly texted my dad and said “I’m sorry.”
So. That’s what I’ve been doing and not doing for the last few weeks. What is on your doing/not doing list?