Thank you, San for nominating me for the Liebster award.
The rules are pretty simple. You’ve probably seen blog awards go around on the internet – in one form or another. I love learning things about others + it’s fun when I have prompts from others to answer so here we go.
- Answer the questions that the blogger picked out for you, then come up with 11 questions that you like to have answered.
- Choose 2-11 people for the award and link to their blogs in your post.
- Go to their blog and tell them about the award nomination!
- No tag backs!
1. What is your favorite beauty product? The Arbonne Genius nightly resurfacing pads. I’ve been using them on a mostly nightly basis since the beginning of February and I love it. It definitely has helped to lift my face, minimize wrinkles and since it’s vegan/not animal tested/all natural, it’s an added bonus.
2. If you could pick any place/city to move to for a year, where would you want to go? Domestically: Door County, WI. I realize I’d be in for some horrendous winter weather and conditions but there is something about that part of the US that fascinates me. I have visited twice, both with Knight, and I fall in love with it all over again each time.
Internationally: Anywhere in Italy. Though I’m afraid if I move there, I won’t come back.
3. What is the one thing you like best about your home? It’s ours. The house we reside in is the first home that I bought, that I got to paint, decorate, envision changes and updates for, really put our touch on it. Everywhere else I had lived was a rental or belonged to someone else. This home, though, is mine/ours. We’ve put the hard work in (time + money), have been thoughtful with the updates, and genuinely love and enjoy our space. I have a very serene sense of home and house when I’m in my residence and I love that.
4. What are your favorite pair of shoes? My Reef flip-flops I bought in San Diego in 2014. They have arch support, have sparkly gold + silver straps which means they go with everything and they are supremely comfortable. I can’t wait until it is regularly flip-flop season once again.
5. What is your favorite travel destination? Any place with a beach. I’ve loved California, Mexico and Florida, North & South Carolina, St. Thomas and St. John’s. The moment I see a palm tree and hear the waves, I’m instantly relaxed.
6. If you could have one do-over, what would it be? Not listening to my mom when she was in the hospital. She told me to go home to my husband each evening and I listened because she was my mom but I so wish I had stayed over with her and my dad instead. What I wouldn’t do to have some of those extra moments back with her…
7. What is something you are currently struggling with? Stepmother everything. I recently read Stepmonster which was a very eye opening, much needed book for me to read, but it has me re-evaluating how I think/feel about my role, what I want to do going forward in terms of my involvement with my step kiddos and other things about the taboo behind being a stepmom.
8. Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Dinner because it means I’m home, the work day is over, I’m with my favorite people (Knight, Jack, and sometimes my dad).
9. Who is your celebrity girl crush?
Miranda Lambert. I love her fashion, her passion for animals, her go-get ’em attitude, how nothing seems to get her down and her overall behavior in the limelight.
10. Why did you start blogging? My mom, who was already blogging, encouraged me to start, actually. I was going through a really hard break-up in 2005, struggling with making friends, being heard/understood, not sure where to go or what to do (I was not quite 22!) with my life post-college, post-boyfriend, post-heartbreak, and so it began. I have had a few blog names and URLs but I’ve been here the longest (obviously, if you look at my archives). I have adjusted what I write, when I write and how I write over the years but I don’t think I can ever not be a blogger at this point. I’m thankful for the friendships, connections, insight, advice and support of this community always and forever.
11. Tell me about one of your plans for this summer. Pool Party over July Fourth weekend with friends and family. Lots of reading. Another no-spend challenge in August and probably more purging/decluttering. Quite a few things planned for the bonus kiddos, too.
Your turn! Here are the 11 questions I want you to answer and am hoping that Katelin and Becky will play along. Everyone else, play along in the comments or on your blog, your choice.
- You can only read the same book over and over again for the rest of your life. What do you pick?
- Coffee or tea?
- Morning person or night owl?
- If you had a theme song that played every time you walked into a room, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite social media platform (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.?)
- Did you ever want to change your name growing up/as a kid?
- What are you most afraid of?
- Staples or paper clips?
- If you participate in the adult coloring book hobby, do you have a preference for markers, crayons, colored pencils, colored pens or something else?
- Which President would you most like to meet/have met?
- What is the worst movie that you’ve ever watched?